2020: Self-employed Business Coach in Health Management
I became a business coach in Bremen, Germany, which does neither presuppose any specific school education nor university degree. For the specialization of my coaching acticities I did a
self-financed qualification in health management for companies - which also did not even presuppose a higher school education. The new job is formally and content-wise unrelated to my past
philosophical work and my academic past.
2008-2012: Ruhr-University Bochum, Germany
- Doctoral Degree in Philosophy (summa cum laude)
- Ph.D. Thesis on "Varieties of Social Understanding"
- Supervised by Prof. Albert Newen and Prof. Shaun Gallagher
- The inital period of Ph.D. has been supported by the Barbara-Wengeler-Foundation for a project on self-consciousness. I changed the topic towards the end of my Ph.D. and wrote my doctoral thesis
within the last year of my Ph.D. (i.e. in 2012) on a pluralist approach to social understanding by being employed as a lecturer at the Department of Philosophy at the Ruhr-University of Bochum. The
final topic of my disseration has benefited from collaborations and scientific exchanges with Max Coltheart (Sydney) and Shaun Gallagher (Memphis).
- Dissertation Prize by the Ruhr-University Bochum in 2013
2001-2007: University of Bremen, Germany
- Master Degree in Philosophy
- Master Thesis on "Intentionality: From Epistemology to Psycholinguistics"
- Supervised by Prof. Manfred Stöckler and Prof Wolfgang Wildgen
- Subjects: Philosophy (main subject), Cultural Sciences (1st minor subject), German Literature and Linguistics (2nd minor subject).
1992-2001: Städtisches Gynasium Leichlingen, Germany
- German Abitur
- Subjects: Physics (1st main subject), German Literature (2nd main subject), Mathematics (1st minor subject), Philosophy (2nd minor subject)
- Award by the German Physical Society (DPG) in 2001